Friday, February 1, 2013

31 Days of Encouragement: Conclusion and Confession


As we wind down the 31 Days project I have a confession to make--it turns out this was all about me.  Don't get me wrong. I set out to spend 31 days encouraging other people, and I certainly hope that I have. And I hope that by housing the project on the blog, people will continue to be encouraged by it.  But the truth is that I may have been the person who benefited the most from 31 Days.

You see, the timing of this project was by design. It wasn't just the start of the new year that kicked off the project; it was a particularly trying time in my own life.  I knew that December/January we would be moving Jake to Kansas. I knew it would be hard, I knew it would mean the start of a very hard season in our lives (2 years of being 750 miles apart, and even more when Jake is in Afghanistan!), and I had to do something that would take my focus off of me.  As Anthem Lights puts it, I had to get "outta my mind," and really  meditate on the fact that "it's not about me."



So instead, I focused on you. Lifting you up through study of my own faith. It forced me to be in the Word. It forced me to pray more, meditate more, and encourage more than I otherwise would have during such a discouraging time in my own life. And, I have to say, it really helped.

So there you go again, helping me! Helping my family through another difficult time! You were my outlet, the keepers of my sanity, and I thank you. God bless you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment